Wednesday night I (Emily) signed up to take the first part of the AEPA. It is just the basic skills test (includes reading, writing, and math). I am due to take it on November 8th so that only leaves me another month and a half to prepare. Please wish me luck! I need all that I can get. I can take it again if I pass but it will cost another $110. I don't think that w
e can afford for me to take it more than once especially since I still have two more tests to take (OUCH)! Other than that, not much has been happening around here lately. I'm expecting my student teaching placement soon so pray that I get Gilbert Junior High with an awesome teacher. I'll let everyone know when it comes. I'll be freaking out... trust me. I do have a really random question that I really need to ask. I haven't found the answer so maybe my faithful readers can answer this mind-boggling question. (It isn't mind-boggling but it has been bothering me.) HOW IS IT THAT PEOPLE CAN JUST PACK UP AND GO ON VACATION???SERIOUSLY!!!! I would love to do that but I can't get off work and neither can Josh. Not only that but HOW DO PEOPLE AFFORD IT??? Josh and I make good money but we still can't afford to go on vacation. HOW DO YOU DO THIS????
4 comments:
We can't just pick up and go, but we just plan ahead! We've gone to Disney World the last three summers. We just decide we want to go then look at the budget to see where we can save extra money (like not eating out, not buying extra stuff, just passing on the little things). We set a goal and save what we can for the trip. Then, when the trip actually comes, it is almost completely paid for and we don't have to stress about money and can just enjoy ourselves :). That's how we do it anyway. But I agree, it would be so nice to be able to just pick up and get away whenever you want!
When you have children, it only gets harder, especially when they are busy teenagers. GO NOW, MY CHILD!! Take some weekends and go exploring, the church is everywhere!! Whitney gave great advice about saving up. It is also getting easier for Kumen and I because our children are leaving the nest. We are saving up for EUROPE next summer!! Woo-hoo!!
Oh, and good luck on your test!! You will do great!! TEACHING ROCKS!!
Besides going to visit family and our internship in Guatemala, Mike and I have never taken any fancy vacations. We prefer to save money for things like buying a house. Also, outdoor adventures like camping and biking are more fun for us (and cost a whole lot less).
Post a Comment