Thursday, November 20, 2008

House Hunting

Most of you already know this but Josh and I have been house hunting for the past month or so. We have found one that we love and cannot wait to close on it so we can officially paint, decorate, and live there. Right about now you are probably starting to think "Are they crazy? She is student teaching next semester and won't have an income." Yes, we are crazy, and you are right, I'll be teaching full-time with no pay. So how are we going to afford it? With our rent price going up, the house will only be about $30.00 more than what an apartment would cost. So, we decided why not? It is twice as big and more permanent. That means I won't be afraid to make holes in the wall. I won't have to worry about getting our deposit back either. We are going to be living in the same ward (I have meeting new people issues) which means that I am still stuck in primary. What a joy. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the house, sorry they are not that great but I don't have time to fix them up and do all that fun stuff. It's just so you can see what it looks like.
This is the house. It can use some painting but since we don't have and H.O.A. we can paint it pink and purple if we want. No, we don't want to. Eventually we are going to take out the rock and put in some grass. That will be when I have a real (teaching) job.

This is part of the backyard. As you can see, it already has a garden. That will save some time and money. It also has a shed, a ton of cement, and rocks. The rocks are going to be taken out (eventually) and replaced with grass. There are two gate entries into the backyard, one of which is cement. That means there is a ton of bike-riding area.

Here is the kitchen. Nice and big. Notice the flat-top stove and ton of counter space. We have to get a new fridge and washer/ drier but we are okay with that. I want to get an up-to-date one that isn't too expensive. We will have to wait and see what is on sale.

We call this the wall-o- cabinets. Don't you love it? Someone designed this house just for me. It is in the family room, that is the only problem. However, instead of covering up the cabinets with a couch (why waste the perfect storage space) we are going to try and make it a built-in entertainment center. We haven't decided how yet, but we'll play with it to find something out.

I guess that I should mention the specifics. It is about 1700 square feet. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Like I said before, there is no HOA (Josh likes that part) and this house is very updated. We had an inspection and there are a few problems that need to be fixed (nothing that Josh couldn't do) and a plumbing issue. We haven't decided what to do on that problem yet, but we will get it fixed. Our closing date will be within the first week of December and we cannot wait!

1 comment:

Emily P. said...

that's so exciting! it's probably going to be the best time you could ever buy probably.