Wow! can you believe it? I have already completed six weeks of my student teaching. Oh my gosh! Time flies like crazy! I have been having a lot of fun. Who couldn't? I love my students and when I do leave in 10 weeks it will be really hard to go. *Sigh* I don't know if I really want to think about that at the moment. It is really exciting because I get to graduate but at the same time I have to leave my awesome students and try to get a job. Don't even get me started on that. Budgets cuts here in Arizona are crazy! I have to admit that I would be amazed if I get a job. Wanting to teach junior high math might not work in my favor as I had hoped. I will keep you posted on what happens. Hope that I do because Josh really wants to start school. Without a job for me, he has to put off school again. Anyway, here are the activities for the week. Monday: Review. Yeah, we were having a large test on chapter eight so we reviewed. It's only natural. The review looked exactly like the test. See Tuesday for how the tests turned out.
Tuesday: Test day! Hooray! It made for a really easy day. It is a good thing that my teacher missed Tuesday because it was such an easy day. The students took the test. Although we pretty much gave them the test for review they still didn't do as well as we would have liked.
Wednesday: Did I ever tell you how much I love probability? I do! (not really) We started chapter nine which is, you guessed it, probability. I think that I am actually starting to enjoy it, there are a lot of possibilities for teaching it. Oh! I started teaching first period today. I was afraid at first because I couldn't see how my teacher would teach it before I tried. I think that I could have done a lot better but at the same time it felt more natural because I was doing my own thing, not his.
Thursday: More probability. We were talking about the chances of drawing a blue marble out of the bag of so many marbles. It was pretty awesome. We played a little game (that took about 5 minutes) that tested their knowledge of probability. Whoever won got a homework pass. They really liked the game.
Friday: Review. Most of the time Friday is made for tests or quizzes. I think that it is a good idea. However, we just took a test on Tuesday so another one in a week would be torture. So, we did some worksheets and played a golfing probability game. The majority of the students enjoyed the game while others could care less. For a last minute change, I think the lesson went really well.
I'm excited because I have one week down and one less to go. I have ten more to go, so only ten more episodes left of "Confessions of a Student Teacher".
1 comment:
I love reading your confessions. I loved mine also, but it was in a 4th grade classroom and the preparation that elementary school teachers have to go through is amazing!! I love teaching one subject and having different students throughout the day. Are teaching jobs easy to find in the valley? Are you worried? I am curious!!
Post a Comment