Tuesday, August 2, 2011

San Diego

San Diego has the BEST weather EVER! That way the highlight of the trip. I actually went with about 20 other teachers at my school for an AVID conference. We are in class all day but at night it was a free for all. It was 10 times better than last year when I went to Sacramento. Monday night my friend Robyn and I went to Sea Port Village and had dinner and went shopping. We had the best view from our restaurant. I felt bad because mostly everything there is seafood and I can't have that. They had a few normal things so I got that.
View from our table.
I have to add in something right here because I find it weird. The restaurant that we went to was on the bay (over the water) and it was freezing! They had heaters on to help keep people warm. Can you believe it? Heaters in July. That is so weird to me (because the weather here in July is WAY too hot). Oh! I also have to mention that Sea Port Village had a carriage ride and the carriage looked like Cinderella's. I may have to force Josh on that in October because it was so awesome!
Creepy fish thing. I thought that it was really interesting and scary I had to get a picture.
Wednesday we went over to Old Town. It has a lot of little shops and museums. The only issue is that the museums were all closed by the time we got there. We ended up just walking around and shopping and then had dinner.
In front of the school house in Old Town. My coworker Robyn is standing next to me.
In the well next to the school house. It was full of dirt, not water.
I'm sorry that I didn't take much pictures. I like to take them but I think that the group I was with thought that I was crazy. Hey! I took more than I did last year. Since we didn't have a car we had to ride the trolley. That was an interesting experience! Going to San Diego made me even more excited to go back in October with Josh. WOHOO! I can't wait (about 10 weeks away)!

1 comment:

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

How fun! We are going to San Diego in two weeks and I can't wait for the cooler weather!