Our trip to San Diego was so awesome. The weather was amazing and it was so nice to get away with just Josh for a few days. I will admit that I missed my sweet Jack the whole time and worried about him while we were there. My sister and her wonderful kids did a great job entertaining him, but I think that he was ready to come home. He stayed in his bed for a VERY long time when he got home from Wendi's. Anyway, we left on Sunday morning and pretty much drove to San Diego. It took a long time to get there because I had to stop every 2 hours to stand up and walk around. I didn't want to get blood clots and lets face it, I had to pee most of the time. It was amazing how patient Josh was with me the whole time... with the stopping and all the walking around the 2 days we were there. After arriving in San Diego we went to the hotel and relaxed for awhile. We then went to the temple. When we got there I learned that Josh had never been there before. He was totally amazed at how large it was. I will admit that I was amazed too.

 |
| Me resting on a bench at the temple. |
|
We then found a place to eat and had some dinner. I was really hungry. Josh was so cute the whole time... he was wanting to splurge because it was our last vacation with just the two of us. I had a hard time doing it though. I always do.
Monday we woke up really early to go to the beach. Josh wanted to find shells. The problem was that we didn't find anything good! We actually didn't stay very long and I didn't touch the water because I knew it would be cold.
 |
| A fish that got washed up on shore. |
 |
| The rotting wood. I was scared to walk under the pier because of the condition of the wood. |
We then went back to the hotel for the continental breakfast and then wait to leave to Sea World. I was on high anticipation because I would be able to meet a penguin. I was still able to take a nap in the process of waiting though. Sea World was a lot of fun and relaxing. It wasn't that crowded, which was totally awesome. They have rides there but I couldn't really go on any. I couldn't even ride the kiddie rides so it was a little disappointing. We did have a lot of fun looking at the animals and watching the shows. I can't decide which show was my favorite, the dolphin or the Clyde and Seymore show. Clyde and Seymore danced to Thriller. It was awesome! Here are some pictures.
 |
| Sea world was decorated for Halloween. They had a lot of pumpkin fish. |
 |
| Josh in a polar bear cave. When we went to see the polar bear he was sleeping... so boring. |
 |
| A lot of octopus legs with candy were around the park. This was one of my favorites. |
 |
| We got this for free. It was in a claw machine and no one took it. We got it before the park opened, therefore we carried it around all day long. Annoying, but worth it! |
 |
| This sea lion reminded me of Jack Jack. I think that Jack Jack must be part sea lion. |
Okay, on to the best part! The penguin experience tour. I will admit that it was nice to know that I am not the only penguin freak in the world... there are more! It was the best hour of my life! We first learned about the Magellan penguin. They can actually live outdoors at Sea World because they are temperate penguins. They were so cute! Some of the things they did reminded me of Jack Jack. Therefore he's part Magellan penguin as well. We then went back to where the penguin's food is prepared and were able to pet a real Macaroni Penguin. I thought that she would be slimy but she was actually really soft! Here's a fun penguin fact for you, there is no way to tell if a penguin is a boy of girl. They could test the blood but that can sometimes be inaccurate. The only way to tell is when the females lay the eggs. I had a great time and I will admit that I miss my penguin friends. Even though it was 27 degrees inside the penguin encounter, it was totally worth it! There was even an emperor penguin waiting close to the door for me! He must have received my facebook letters.
 |
| Waiting for the tour next to the Penguin Encounter! |
 |
| Fattie! I couldn't help but take a picture of him. Or is it a girl? |
 |
| Making my dream come true! Petting a real penguin! I was worried they would be scared of my belly, but she wasn't! |
 |
| Penguin Heaven! |
 |
| I think this one needs a bath! |
 |
| Me and Josh with the Emperor Penguin next to the door. I know, my eyes are closed. It is the only good picture that you can see the penguin. |
 |
| More awesome penguins! |
After Sea World we went traveling around for a restaurant. We ended up going to Olive Garden. We had never been together before so it was pretty awesome! It was delicious, especially since I was starving!
I am going to finish our trip in another post. I figure it is long enough and I still have a lot to tell. Not to mention I'm having trouble uploading pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment