Okay, so there have been a few good and bad things happening in the Hoffman household since Thanksgiving. I'll start with the good and then move toward the bad and ugly.
GOOD:
The good thing is that I have finally finished my last semester of real classes at NAU. I'm so excited because now I have a month to relax before I start student teaching. I think that I did really well in my classes. I know that I got 4 out of 5 "A's"... I'm going to try not to complain. I'm actually impressed because this semester has been really hard on me. I also have two weeks left at work. It will be hard to leave but I am ready. Since I only work 3 days a week I only have five days left (or 35 hours). Time goes by quickly... I doubt that my last 35 hours will.
BAD:
I had the flu yesterday. I never noticed how bad it was before. I wasn't feeling well throughout my whole day at work. I stayed because I was still okay. Around 2:45 (15 minutes before I was to leave) I thought that I was going to faint. It was bad. Thank heaven I work with my dad because I was able to call him over and he came and gave me company while I laied on the floor and recuperated. I didn't have lunch with him yesterday so it gave me time to spend with him. I left work about 7 minutes early because I didn't think I should stay and I was feeling better. Lets just say that the rest is history. I woke up feeling a lot better.
UGLY:
If you don't like things that are ugly, then you might not want to read this part. Anyway, we are having a lot of trouble with out house purchase. We were supposed to close on Friday December 5th which means that we were going to move into the house this Saturday. That won't happen. The guy has a second mortgage so that is making everything really ugly for us. It might be another few days until we actually sign or we might not even get the house. Yeah, it stinks. So, we will probably be spending our first Christmas living in my parents basement.
CAN GOOD COME OF THE UGLY?
I think so. This is my opinion on the whole matter. I think that Heavenly Father wants us to get the house. When we first saw the house, we had a good feeling. Once we saw the house both of us were not nervous to purchase one. The next question is, if you are supposed to get it then why are you having so much trouble? Once again, this is all my (Emily's) opinion but I think it is a huge possibility. My mom goes through a major treatment next week. Radiation that is so powerful she pretty much has to be shut in her room for two days. My sisters and I are really stressed about it... so is my mom. So, I think that Heavenly Father placed this trouble in our path so that way Josh and I can be living at home so we can help out during the season. I don't mind, neither does Josh. I really think that although the ugly isn't fun, good can come of it. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment