Every Sunday we have dinner with my mom's side of the family. I grew up seeing my cousins everyday and I will admit that I am jealous of some of their lives. I think part of the reason was because I was (and still am) a lot bigger than all of them. I hated it and while driving home Josh had to console me and make me feel better. I couldn't even fit into some of the shorts I bought the year before. Josh openly admitted that I needed to lose some weight and I will be a lot happier if I did. SO... I went on the Weight Watchers diet. (By the way.. I should mention really quick that when I told Karen Josh told me I was heavy she asked "and you didn't get mad?" I said "no" because I knew it.) Was it hard? Yes. It helped that for awhile Wendi was on it as well. There was some support but not much. I just had to do it by myself. Karen wanted to know "how did you stick to it?" Well... I guess that I just knew that it would help out a lot if I did start to lose some weight and that I would be a little happier with how I looked. It was really hard and frustrating in the beginning but I got used to it after awhile. The hardest part of all was cutting down on sweets as well as portions.
Here I am in May of 2009. I started my diet at the beginning of June. When I did start I was at 185 and I weighed about 15 pounds more than Josh. I was kind of crushed. That also gave me some motivation.Have you done the math? I've lost a total of 28 pounds. It took about6 months but the best things in life don't come easy. I will admit that on top of the diet I also did pilates everyday as well as used Nivea My Silhouette. If you ever go on a diet... I suggest using it.
Well just have to see what happens in a few years after I have a baby! Life will change a lot. I just hope that I can have the same motivation to lose my baby weight after I have one!
1 comment:
You look awesome! Congratulations on the weight loss! I have to admit I am dreading needing to lose weight after this baby - but you have provided some much needed motivation!
Post a Comment