Friday, January 21, 2011

Food Friday- Evil Chicken Dinner

I figure that I should start food Friday even though I don't have pictures... I'm sorry. The recipe I'm going to post didn't turn out as well as it should have because I didn't read the directions well enough. That and I forgot an ingredient. I will have to try it again. It was still really good, so I will post it. This recipe is from the book Devils Food Cake by Josi S. Kilpack.

Evil Chicken Dinner

1 pound bacon, cut into thin, bite-sized pieces
1/2 pound to 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 cup brown sugar
up to 1/2 cup water, as needed
cooked rice

In a large pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until nearly done. Do not drain. Stir in chicken and chili powder. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until bacon and chicken are fully cooked. Add brown sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved and sauce begins to thicken, about 4 to 5 minutes. (Be careful once the sugar is added not to let the sauce turn to toffee.) Add water if necessary to thin the sauce, but keep in mind the sauce is more of a coating. Serve mixture over rice.
Serves 6.

Good luck and happy cooking!

1 comment:

The Bozemans said...

Gosh, that sounds delicious! And really easy! I'm going to have to try it. Of course, anything with bacon is going to be good!