Friday, January 28, 2011

Food Friday- Pumpkin Muffins

I will admit I love pumpkin. I hate the smell but the taste is delicious. I have the recipe for the Lyon House chocolate pumpkin bread. I have made it for the past 2 years for my coworkers at Christmas. So, when I say this for pumpkin muffins I got extra excited. I'm now going to have pumpkin all year long! Sorry that there is no picture, but I still haven't found the cord to plug it in. Anyway, I  found the recipe on Sumo's Sweet Stuff's blog. Here's the link to her blog, she always has something cool going on. http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/
Anyway, here is the recipe.

Pumpkin Muffins

3 cups pumpkin
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups sugar
6 eggs
4 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cloves (I didn't have any so I didn't use it. They were still good)
1 pkg butterscotch chips (I actually used chocolate chips)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (except the chips) and mix. Stir in with the pumpkin mix. Stir in chips. Line your muffin tin with liners. Fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake 18-20 minutes.

Good luck and happy cooking!

No comments: