One year ago today, I found out I was pregnant. Don't ask me how I remember that April 16th was the day I found out, but I do. I blame it on the fact that it was around my dad's birthday. Here's a quick story. If you don't want to read it that is okay, I'm going to write anyway.
On April 15th, Josh and I went out to my parents house so Josh could help my dad get tables out for the young women's garage sale they were having the next day. They already had some out, they just had to be moved. Josh and I had been trying to get pregnant for 8 months and it was about time for my next period. I didn't know when it was supposed to come, but for some reason I knew that it was soon. However, I couldn't shake the feeling I had telling me I was pregnant. So while we were out at my parent's house, I was looking through all of the kids clothes that was being sold at the yard sale. Since I couldn't shake the feeling, I found a TON that I really liked and pulled them aside. (I should note that I found a good amount of both boys and girls clothes and most of them still had a tag on it, you can't pass those up.) Anyway, I put them aside and told my mom to get a number on all the clothes so I could pay the young women. (I should also note here, this is where I found Tori's Christmas dress, with a tag still on it.) It turns out that everything my parents found (including all the clothes) we were able to keep as a gift for letting them use their house. Sweet, free clothes! We ended up enjoying the night with my parents and we even had Panda Express for dinner, which is weird because my mom hates that kind of food. It was my dad's birthday so she was s good sport.
The next day I still couldn't shake the pregnant feeling. Josh was gone that morning (I believe to school) so I decided to take a pregnancy test after my piano lessons. I went to the dollar store, yes they sell them there and they work, bought a couple of pregnancy tests and then came home. After a few minutes the feelings I had were confirmed. I was pregnant. I could not believe it! After 8 months, we were finally going to be a family of 3! I will admit that I started freaking out a little bit. It's something you talk about but it's hard to imagine happen. (Well, I think it was.) That night when Josh got home from school I had a present for him. They were 2 children's books wrapped up titled "Just Like Daddy" and "I Love You, Mommy". He opened them and wasn't quite sure why I gave it to him. I said "think about the titles". He still didn't get it so I told him that I was pregnant and he was totally excited. The worst part is that we were going over to my parent's house that night to have a part for my dad and I couldn't tell anyone.
The next week was Easter and we both debated about telling everyone then but we didn't. We ended up waiting until after my first appointment on May 18th (yes, I remember that date as well). I wanted to make sure that everything was okay because I was having a lot of stress at work and I didn't feel that sick (so I was a little worried).
One year later my little girl is 4 months old. I love her to death and I don't think Josh and I would change anything. It has been a HUGE challenge but I think that Heavenly Father knew when to send our sweet Tori. Although I was getting frustrated waiting, I know that I wouldn't have been able to deal with her any sooner than she was sent. I love my family! Here are some cute pictures (my favorites) of my little girl.
 |
| Christmas Day |
 |
| Sleeping |
 |
| Daddy after she was born. I LOVE this picture! |
 |
| Drama Queen (she really is one too!) |
 |
| Mommy and her little girl. |
 |
| One of many breathing treatments she has had so far. I love how she is helping to hold the mask! |
No comments:
Post a Comment