Sunday, May 10, 2009

Worst and Best Weekend Ever ( and a really long post)

I have most recently decided that Josh and I are not going to go out of town again for a VERY long time. Our first trip together and turned out to be one of the worst weekends of my life yet one of the most exciting of my whole entire life. Here is a breakdown of my weekend.


Day 1: Friday
Josh and I were really excited to leave early to go to Prescott for the next two nights. Josh was supposed to get off around 12:30 but it ended up being an hour later than that. Since it was the last day of the closing of his store, there was a lot of stuff to do (who knew). We got a later start than we had planned. I was okay with that since there wasn't a whole lot for us to do in Prescott. Just for your information we stayed at my grandma's place in Prescott. I will admit that it was weird because she wasn't there with us. Normally she is. I did feel very privileged to be able to go up without her. I think that I am one of the first grand kids to be able to do that. Anyway, leaving late was only the first part of all our troubles. When we were climbing the hill to Prescott we noticed that my car was getting a little hot, we kept an eye on it. After the big climb she cooled back down until we were about 15 minutes away from the trailer in Prescott. All of the sudden the temperature climbed up. We had to pull over, called my dad, and then had to let her cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes. The temperature wasn't bad outside so we waited in the car with the windows rolled down. It was really windy. We finally got to the trailer around 4:30 and took a break. We let my car cool down as we "set up camp". In other words we had to turn on the water, power, and water the trees before we could really do anything else. The rest of the night wasn't that bad... we drove into town really quick (the car was okay) and got some chicken at Fry's for part of our dinner. We had dinner, watched a movie, and played a game. Oh yeah, I didn't turn the water heater on soon enough and I ended up taking a cold shower. Not to mention that I shaved my legs with a new razor and it cut me so much it looked like a cat used my leg as a scratching post. I would post pictures of our fun events but I can't get them off my camera at the moment.


Day 2: Saturday
Where to start on day two. Well, we had a pretty good morning. We wanted to go to some yard sales but since we didn't have any cash on us we really couldn't. So, we played Monopoly. I won even though Josh landed on free parking about five times. My parents (as well as Karen and her two kids) came to the rescue and met us in Prescott. My dad wanted to check out the car. Then we would all head over to Flagstaff for my graduation. On their way up Karen's car started acting up (yes, my poor dad now has two cars to be concerned about). We thought that my car was okay after adding coolant and were hoping that it would go all the way to Flagstaff with no problem. We were going to leave Karen's van on the side of the road near the I17 and then take two cars (instead of three) into Flagstaff. Karen could therefore just leave from Flagstaff to go home to Eagar and me, Josh, and my parents would go pick up the van and travel home. I guess I should quickly mention this but Josh and I were going to stay in Prescott another night. Our trip was cut short. My dad didn't want to chance it in Karen's van by himself so he wanted us to follow. Anyway...

On the way up to Flagstaff my car (you guessed it) overheated again! Once again, this was about 15 minutes outside of Flagstaff. So we pulled over, let her cool down and then drove on in for graduation. Josh and I went over to the Skydome while my parents (and Karen with her two kids) drove around Flagstaff looking for a part store to get a thermostat. That is what my dad thought the problem was. They also got some food and made it in time for graduation. I actually had a lot of fun. It did feel weird to think that my schooling is over but it was very exciting. I was able to sit with my cohort members and saw two of my favorite teachers that I had. We all got a picture together at the end. It was great! But my troubles are not over yet.

After graduation my dad took the time to change the thermostat on my car. We filled the car with more water (to help keep it cool since we didn't have coolant) and then drove to the gas station to get some gas. Quick side note but it was really windy outside as dad changed the thermostat. I cried as I brushed out my hair that night because there was so many knots in it. Back to my story. On the way to the gas station the car overheated. It was less than 1/2 a mile away from where we parked. So, as our car filled up on gas Josh and dad looked at the car again. They think that there was an air pocket in the cooling system so that is what made us loose a lot of water as well as overheat. During this time I went to look for some food. I WAS HUNGRY!!! My dad also disconnected my AC so that way the fan would be on to help cool the engine. I think that is what he did. Needless to say, we didn't have any cold air for the drive home. We had air, but it was not cold. That doesn't work well here in Arizona, at least not during this time of year. However, we made it home with no more problems. Let's just hope it stays that way. I didn't mention this but Karen ended up driving back to the valley with us. If my car was okay on the way to Flagstaff she would have went home. However, we didn't want to be stranded so she was awesome enough to accompany us. THANKS AWESOME SISTER!


Day 3: I wish
Oh wait! There was supposed to be a day three but we couldn't have one since we came home early. It will probably be a long time until Josh and I go on vacation again. Why does it seem that the ONE time we get to go somewhere we have problems. No one else seems too... or do you not post it? Anyway, enjoy the few pictures that I do have (thanks to my dad's brand new camera). I guess that I should mention this, it was the best weekend EVER because I graduated. It is scary but very exciting!




Here is a picture of me and Josh after graduation. Wearing the cap and gown stinks because they are so hot!I hate to admit it but I think that I may actually like this picture. It may sometime end up on our wall.

Me and my amazing parents. My dad is behind on grading at work so he said that he would pay me to come in and grade them and do some other things. After this weekend, I'm doing it all for free, even if we need the money! I have to mention my mom because she is great! I love her and I'm glad that she was able to come even though it was a crazy weekend.

And here is a picture of me, Karen, Kaiden, and Raegan. I'm glad that they came although the kids we going crazy during graduation. That is what I heard anyway. I do owe them a ton of thanks for coming. I have some more cute pictures of Kaiden but they are on my camera. I'll post them as soon as I find a cord that will fit my camera. For now, I'm thinking about going to bed.

5 comments:

Baker Bunch said...

I love you sis! And I am glad I could be there for your big day.

Emily P. said...

im so sorry you had a nightmare trip. Good thing you were able to get to your graduation! Congratulations, i bet it feels great! Dereks car overheated on our way to utah and it was pretty much the same story. Every half an hour, get out of the car and wait on the side of the raod, put water in, and wait. Good thing Lisa and Brett were caravaning with us!
How did your interview go?!!

The Bozemans said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! At the same time, I am sad for you. I'm sorry that your weekend was so bad! I actually thought about you the day of your graduation! Again, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Emily!!! Loved your announcement and love the fact that you stuck it out to the bitter end!! Let us know when you find your teaching job! Are they plentiful there? We are losing 3Math teachers at our high school this year, which means 3 openings!! Rez, anyone??? You'll grow to love it, I promise!! It's the mission field!

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

Sorry about your weekend! The first time Jacob and I went to Disney World (it was our first REAL vacation together) the first day was an absolute nightmare! We flew all night, had to take a shuttle to the rental car place (we thought it was at the airport), couldn't find our hotel, the hotel couldn't find our park tickets, we got lost on the way to the park (and every time we climbed in that stupid car it took us an hour to get anywhere, even though it was all on the same road...) Needless to say the next year we did everything through Disney which made it so much easier and more relaxing! Trust me, it's not just you that has problems :)