Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our New Addition

No, we are not pregnant. Sorry for those of you who got their hopes up just by the title of this post. However, we do have a new addition to our household. It is a 21 cubic feet Frigidaire freezer. It is amazing! We haven't plugged it in yet because we don't have that much food to store, but it is in our house waiting for the day to start. Here is how we came to receive our new beauty.
My parents give us a graduation present when we graduate from college, high school or anything else. So, when my graduation approached I could have asked for money or something else but my exciting self asked for a freezer. Yes, a freezer. I guess that when you get married the stupid things in life are really exciting. My Grandma Pratt and Josh's mom helped to chip in. I worked for nine hours in my dad classroom for a part of the freezer as well. On Saturday we went around to three different stores looking for one. We found one that was a decent price and we got a freezer. Yes, I would like some new clothes but at the same time I can now store a lot of food in my freezer! YEAH!
At first we had trouble deciding where to place it. We finally found the perfect place in between the kitchen light switch and our security system. Of course we have to move a few other things as well but our kitchen looks really good now. Anyway, here are some pictures of our new addition!
I guess that I should mention that our freezer is a little bit bigger than our fridge. Weird huh? My dad said that I would want a big freezer in the long run. We'll see.
Here's the inside. The shelves in the door are adjustable. Coo huh? They only gave me five little shelves to place in it so I staggered them. Because of by OCD it was the only thing that I could do for them to not bother me. Josh just laughed.

3 comments:

The Bozemans said...

I think you were right when you said that when you get married, stupid things in life are really exciting, haha. I am actually excited to get a big freezer myself! David and I are saving up for a really nice pressure cooker, and I couldn't be more excited! Haha. It's a good lookin' freezer, so congratulations!

Anonymous said...

the freezer is exciting! Congrats on the new "baby".

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

You will love the freezer! My parents got us (and my sisters) freezers as a graduation gift, and we absolutely love it! The freezers above a fridge are so tiny they are useless! It's exciting to be able to be lots of frozen food and store it :)