2. The truth is... I am really worried about getting a job for this coming school year.

3. The truth is... math used to be my least favorite subject. Now I am in love with the way it makes me think. It is awesome!
4. The truth is... When I was in school, I would freak out if I got anything lower than an "A" on a test, paper, or homework. If I did, I would get stressed out.
5. The truth is... I'm not a procrastinator unless I don't know how to do something. Then it will take me awhile to get to it. (Such as a school assignment.)
2 comments:
I really like your Tuesday Truths. I need to do something like that! Are you hoping to stay in the Valley for a job? I can look around here for you, but you may not appreciate that :)
Ah... the student who needs to get As. I can't really relate, because my aim was to learn as much as possible with the least amount of effort. I got As and Bs without really trying.
Students who demand As are really causing an issue at the college level. They expect As for effort... not for the quality of work.
I know you are not that person, but it annoys me sometimes when I have to spend 45 minutes addressing a student who received explaining my "justification" and trying to say why I don't care if he/she disagrees. All from a student who received a 29/30.
It takes my time away from the students who really need my help. Ugh. I hate people who try to bargain for grades.
Good luck with that when you start teaching. I only have to deal with students... not their parents. Ha ha. :)
Sorry. Apparently I needed to vent after work today. :)
Post a Comment