Thursday, June 18, 2009

6 Months

Today it has been six months since we officially moved into our house. I don't know why it is so exciting for me but it is. We have made a lot of improvements on the house and we still have a lot left as well. Most of the improvements that we wish to make will not happen until we have a little bit more money but here are a few.
  • Repaint the house.
  • Take out the rocks and put in some grass.
  • Fix the garage door so we can park in it.
  • Put in a new fridge.
  • Paint the kitchen.
  • Move in the piano. (It is at Josh's mom's house at the moment.)
  • Clean the garage of some boxes that still have not been emptied since we moved.
  • Put cabinets in with my washer and drier. My dad has a lot, I just need to pick them out and ask him to put them up for me. He's really busy so it may take awhile.

So there isn't that much to do but I have to get Josh's help to do some of it and that can sometimes be very difficult to do. Notice the word sometimes. Anyway, here are some pictures of everything that we have done. I'm excited because I'm putting up a couple of new pictures of some rooms that we are currently working on. ENJOY!

We have cleaned up the backyard of the weed jungle. That took a long time to do but it looks a lot better. We have also planted our first garden. We only did leeks, lettuce, carrots, and peppers but we were excited that those grew. We will plant more as we continue to work on the back yard. It's getting too hot now so it may be a few more months.

We have built an entertainment center. This wall was all cabinets, now we have a really nice entertainment center to use. Josh worked really hard on it and he even stained the cabinets so it looks really nice.

We have painted the master bedroom. My goal is to keep it clean and make the bed everyday but it doesn't happen all the time. I either forget or get lazy. Josh doesn't seem to mind too much.

We have painted our family room. I was a little worried since it is so dark but I actually really like it. I am planning on making curtains for the window. I was going to make them blue but I decided to go with green. It will really help the trees stand out more as well as match my home sign that I we got for Christmas before we got married.

I think that this is my favorite room. It is the guest bathroom. I'm still not done with it yet but I thought that I should showcase it anyway. I still plan on putting a shelf up for the rest of my penguins and then more snowflakes. The snowflakes are cut from my cricut with vinyl. Yes, I love vinyl! I'll probably post pictures of my projects later on. I'm doing a lot so wish me luck!

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that we painted the guest room and we put in some bunkbeds as well as my old dresser in there. I will post pictures of that when I am done decorating it.

2 comments:

The Bozemans said...

Reading your post has made me REALLY excited to get our own house! The penguin bathroom is adorable. I love penguins! You two have made some great improvements, and I hope you have fun doing the rest of the stuff!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! I wish I was brave enough to try vinyl with my Cricut! I even bought some but haven't figured out how to do it yet!