Sunday, June 7, 2009

So... despite the fact of being sick the past two days I've had a lot of emotions run through me. I thought that I would share some of them with you, my awesome blog readers. I do wish you the best of luck because some of them are a little weird and will make you think "she's an idiot" but oh well. Anyway...

First I do have to mention that Josh and I are continuously being blessed. I think about all those blessings everyday. Josh has a new job and he found one really fast. That is always exciting. We have a really nice house that is so large I don't want to clean it half the time. We finally have been able to paint our family room and it looks awesome! (Pictures to come, don't worry). We have an amazing ward that we live in and I currently work with one of the coolest Primary choristers that you will ever meet. (Trust me, she is amazing!). I have so many things in my life that I can count as blessings. However, they seem to be changed when I think of the lives of others or find out something new about someone. Here are a few examples.

First, I have recently discovered that EVERYONE goes on vacations. Do Josh and I? NO! Most of you have probably noticed that by some of my blog posts. I will admit that I am JEALOUS of those people because I don't get to go on a trip with my husband when everyone is constantly going out of town. My mom does bring up a good point. She always asks me "do they have the money to? Are they going more in debt to go on this trip?" Then she says that we have the money to go on a vacation so nothing should be stopping us. Then I think about the time. Well, Josh would have to take the time off so that means he doesn't get paid. Not only that but it can sometimes be difficult for him to get time off. We'll have to see what happens with this new job. Anyway, vacations are totally bumming me out. I want to go on one (and Josh has promised to take me to Disneyland) but I still cannot help to be jealous of all those that are able to go out of town frequently.

My next major issue is that I DON'T HAVE A JOB YET! I haven't had an interview or even a call for a job. A couple of my friends have now received a teaching position and are getting multiple interviews. IT IS NOT FAIR! During the past two years, when I mentioned that I wanted middle school math people told me that I would have no trouble whatsoever to get a job. Well, I'm having trouble and it is making me really sad.

Trust me, I think that I could go on FOREVER over some of the things that I have been thinking but I won't. I will admit that I am thankful for Josh because he puts up with a lot of my problems, listens to me, and helps me deal with them. He is really amazing and I love him for that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the vacation thing. Disney will be our first real vacation ever. We go to CA ever few years or so, but that is just to visit people.

You chose a house over nice vacays, which I would rather have anyway... even if cleaning it sucks. :)

Baker Bunch said...

I know how you feel about the vacay. It seems like we are always gone but it is down to the valley and Tucson to visit family. And don't worry about the job either. It will come in time.

The Bozemans said...

Something that helps me between vacations when I'm feeling cabin fever is going out and taking "mini-vacations". You and Josh could go camping overnight one weekend or take a trip to a nearby city and do something you've never done before. It's the variety in marriage and life that keeps things alive. About the job thing, I am sorry that you don't have one. I would think math teachers would be needed, too. David and I will keep you in our prayers. Love ya!

Emily P. said...

Emily,
Im sure you have everyone telling you, "OH, something will come up, you will definatly get a job!"
But i really do think that something will come your way. I think that it is easier to find a music job actually because only about 6 graduate a year in the state (we are sparse), so i hope that you don't feel too discouraged....About vacations, we just love them and make them a priority. It is somewhat sad to think about the money we are blowing, but it is exciting to be spontaneous.