I decided that since I have a lot of pictures, I'll post them in days. I'm not going to do anything for the last day because it would be pointless. We went back to the beach and drove. I know, pretty boring. I will post beach pictures for day one because we went to the beach on Sunday but it was dark. We didn't get much good pictures. Besides, it will force me to post something other than a Tuesday Truths.
First we had the car ride. It was a really long drive. We took 2 cars (not including Darbie and Chad's van). One was the suburban my parents just bought from my aunt and uncle and then we rented a 15 passenger van. All the kids rode there in the van. They were pretty happy. Mom and dad were in the van the whole time while the other adults would switch off. We had three t.v.'s in the van but only 2 of them really worked. The little babies didn't care to watch a movie so that was okay. Josh and I were in the van first, it took him about the first 30 minutes of the trip to get the t.v.'s situated. I felt bad but I know that I couldn't have done it.
 |
| Raegan keeping herself occupied in the car by decorating herself with princess stickers. |
We stopped in Quart Site for lunch and a fill up on gas. It was after about 3 hours of travel so it worked out pretty well. Even I needed a break. While there we switched the car seats around to make it easier for kids to watch movies and play together in the car. We also switched who rode in the van with the kids. It ws Karen and Kam's turn.
 |
| Waiting for parents to catch up to buy some tasty McDonald's lunch. |
 |
| Eating lunch! Well, trying to eat lunch. The kids were too hyper to really eat anything. |
After a few more hours of travel we stopped at the World's Largest Dinosaur place. It was totally awesome. I wanted to take the kids in the brontosaurus because it is a gift shop but it was really small. That many people would make it crazy in there. The kids did have fun stretching and playing on the different dinosaur things.
 |
| Alyssa playing on the Lochness Monster head. Doug picked up all the kids and let them climb on it a little. I'm not really sure what it is, but to me it is the Lochness Monster. |
 |
| Look that that HUGE T-Rex! Josh said that you used to be able to go inside him, but it is closed now. |
 |
| Kaiden being eaten by a large T-Rex head. He looks surprisingly calm for being eaten alive! |
Once we finally made it to Anaheim we went to the beach. It was dark when we went there, which is why we went back on Thursday before going home. The kids loved it and got completely wet although we didn't have swimsuits on. They also had a ton of fun looking for shells. I'll admit, even Josh and I had fun looking for shells.
 |
| Alyssa showing everyone how to find shells. |
 |
| Emma showing off the shells that she found. |
 |
| Me and Raegan. She was afraid of the water, yet she wanted me to go in all the time. It was freezing! |
 |
| Kaiden running away from a huge wave coming in. |
 |
| Bryant actually fell in Sunday night. Then he decided (on the way back to the car) that he was going to make a sand angel.. Yeah, he was covered in sand. That poor van got a run for its money! |
 |
| Wendi and Kaelyn enjoying the beautiful scenery. Thanks Wendi for thinking about bringing some towels. They really helped! |
After the beach we went back to the hotel for Little Caesar's Pizza and to rest up for the next day. Disneyland here we come!
1 comment:
I'm excited that you are going to post about Disneyland! Nobody else has, and I'm excited to hear all about your trip and see pictures! :)
Post a Comment