Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Truths

I decided that I'm going to post about my number fetish for my Tuesday Truths today. Enjoy! Okay, in my mind, there are good numbers and not so good numbers. Here is the priority order.

If you can get to the number by counting by fives... it is a great number! Example: 5,10, 15, 20, 25...

Next come all the even numbers. Example: 2, 4, 6, 8...

After the evens comes the odd numbers (that are not prime). Example: 9, 21, 27...

Last are those numbers that (I think) should be put to shame. The primes. Example: 3, 7, 11, 13...

One and zero... they don't really exist in my book You don't write them in an algebraic equation so what is the point.

Now I know that some of you are thinking "Emily this doesn't make sense because 5 is prime." I will reply yes it is prime but it is a number that you can count by 5's to, so it trumps the fact that it is a prime. That would be the same case with the number 2. YES TWO IS PRIME! When I mentioned this to Josh this was his reply.

"If you have an issue with numbers then we have a problem. We want three kids... three is a prime number. Therefore it is a bad number. Do we have to have 2 or 4 kids because they are farther up on your list."

Here is my reply: "No, we can stick with three because 3 (kids)+2 (adults)= 5 (members of the family)... just perfect.

Now he makes fun of me.

No comments: