I've finally decided to post about the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure why it took so long, but it did. I'm very grateful for Wendi and her kids for watching Jack Jack while we were gone. They love him and he is amazing with kids! You should have seen him yesterday while they were over. More on that later (which reminds me, I do have cute pictures of that). Anyway... the trip was short but definitely worth the trip. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to get away after the worst school year ever! I should also say thanks to my Grandma Pratt because she let us stay at her place in Prescott so we didn't have to pay for a hotel. There wasn't food there but we really didn't spend much time there anyway. Monday May 30th, we drove up to Prescott. We left around 12:30 PM. As a fee for staying at my grandma's place we put together her new entertainment center. That was a piece of work! It took us two hours! Actually I didn't do much but ask questions and help a little. We then went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Like normal, it was amazingly good. We stopped at a few stores and walked around then went back to the trailer. By then Josh and I were both tired and went to bed.
The next morning we woke up early to make sure to catch the train. We left about 7:00. We actually discovered that GPS George needs to retire because he couldn't tell us a way to get from Prescott to Williams, AZ. We had to stop and ask someone. Good thing the directions were easy. We were able to shop around a little at the train station then watch the show beforehand. It was really funny to watch.
 |
| A book in one of the souvenir shops. We find it interesting that there are poop and fart books EVERYWHERE! |
 |
| The horses were pretty amazing! They just stood there, perfectly calm during the show, even with guns going off. |
We actually have a picture of us on the train. There was a photographer there and although the pictures were a little expensive, we were able to get a picture together. The train ride there was pretty uneventful. We did see a lot of cows and we heard a lot of really corny cow jokes along the way. They reminded me of the joke my Grandpa Baker would tell "What do you call a cow with no legs?" Anyway, we arrived at the Grand Canyon and I'll admit, there isn't much to do there. But the view is amazing!
 |
| Josh standing as close to the edge as possible! I was too scared to go closer. |
 |
| Look, another picture of us together. |
|
We went to lunch at a place really close to the canyon. It was probably the fanciest restaurant I've ever been to. It wasn't that expensive, which was good. I got a Navajo Taco and it was amazing! Josh has some fish, which I think smelled really bad. We walked around and then an hour before we had to get back on the train we just rested. I was getting tired.
 |
| Here's a picture of the train! |
On the way home we were stopped by some robbers. It was pretty cool! The kids were not scared at all! They knew it was a fake which made it a little lame but it was still fun.
 |
| Josh needs to learn how to take better pictures. The guys standing up are the robbers. |
 |
| Here's a picture of the Sheriff looking for the robbers. |
When we got back to the trailer we relaxed a little and then went to bed. We came home kind of early the next day because Josh had a final to study for that night. I didn't mind, it was a great trip and a relaxing one as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment