Thursday, December 22, 2011

I couldn't imagine...

I will admit that when I first found out I was going to have a baby in December, I was a little upset. I never wanted a baby in December because of the whole birthday and Christmas being in the same month issue. I didn't want their birthday to get forgotten or combined with Christmas. However, the farther along in the pregnancy I went, the more I didn't care. I was just excited to have my little girl join the family.
My little Victoria is now with us and I couldn't be happier. I love her so much it is indescribable. I cannot get enough of those cute chubby cheeks and little smile that occurs when she is passing gas. I love it! Although I never wanted a December baby, I couldn't be happier to have one during this time of year. I have been able to reflect more on our Savior and his birth. I think of what Mary must have been going through when she gave birth in that stable so many years ago. I think of the love that she had for her son and then watching him die on the cross. That would have been so hard. I love having a baby right now, it makes me think of the real reason why we celebrate this time of year.
Victoria was born tongue-tied, which means she couldn't move her tongue as well as she should have been able to due to a little piece of skin (I think that is what you would call it) attaching it to the bottom of her mouth. Because of this she couldn't nurse very well and it made everything painful for me and she couldn't get any food when eating. She had the problem fixed earlier today. It was so hard listening to her cry and seeing her mouth bleed. It was a simple procedure but it was so hard for me to even be in the room. I will admit, I couldn't watch. Just listening to her cry in pain made me want to cry. I felt so helpless. This made me reflect, not only on Mary watching her son die on the cross but our Heavenly Father watching his son in the Garden on Gethsemane and then again on the cross. He couldn't interfere and that must have been difficult. However, he knew that it was all going to be worth it and through these events we could all return to him. I am in no means comparing myself to him, but through this event I have caught a glimpse of what our Heavenly Father must have felt. It was hard for me, I couldn't imagine what he went through watching his son suffer. What great love he has for all of us.

No comments: