Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Depressing Day

Okay, so today has been really hard on our family. The good part is that I got out of school early today since it was a half day (my teacher didn't find that staying would be of much help to me so he let me go after seventh period). That is always a good thing. However, it hasn't been the best. When Josh got to work today he found out that his boss was fired. Yes, fired because the company is downsizing (stupid economic crisis). Do you know what that means? Well it means that the company is downsizing so much that they are also closing a bunch of stores. Yes, one of those stores includes Josh's store. Oh! I guess that I should mention (for all of you who don't know this) that Josh works at a payday/ loan mart store. His final day for the store is on May 8th and they are giving him a really good compensation package but it doesn't help the fact that he no longer has a job. We were planning on taking a vacation this summer but that now has to be postponed. Josh is already starting to look for new jobs so that way we don't have to go too long without money and insurance.
I will admit that there is a good part in all of this. I graduate May 9th so he'll have the day off. Wait, he already had it off. BUT now if we want to we can spend an extra day or two at my grandma's trailer in Prescott with no worries. That will probably be our vacation/ honeymoon for the next few years. The problem with staying in Prescott is that we miss mothers day and I have to find a piano player for primary.
I'll keep you posted on how everything turns out. I know that my Heavenly Father knows what he is doing when he puts challenges in front of us but it is hard to look from the good that can come from things. Right now, I don't know what that good is but I have a pretty good idea. Trust me, I'll let all my awesome readers what is going on.
On a side note: I only have two days left of student teaching and two more days until the finale of "Confessions of a Student Teacher". It will be a long post, but it will post a lot of my thoughts on upcoming jobs and my overall experience!

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

i am so sorry! Im glad you can see the good in this experience, you know, he will probably find an even better job, but right now that probably isn't too comforting! How is your job search going?

The Bozemans said...

Oh, Emily, we're more alike than you know. David and I have been married for eight months and he has already lost THREE jobs! All because of downsizing. It has been pretty hard at times, but, like you said, Heavenly Father does take care of you. It seems like when you are right on the edge of your sanity and you're almost completely destitute, Heavenly Father sends you a check. =) Just keep paying your tithing and having faith, and everything will be fine!