Some might say that the Baker reunion this year was uneventful. I would have to say different. I still had fun but it was somewhat of a mess. Here are some of the major events documented with pictures.
While anchoring down one of the big tarps that dad brought up dad had an accident. He cut his head open! It was really scary and we were afraid that he might get a concussion. So.. dad, mom and Curt went to the hospital in Showlow to get a checkup. They said that it wasn't that bad and super glued it back together. Yes, super glue.
Therefore we had to set up dad's tent. That was a real adventure because we didn't know what to do. It took a long time. I am thankful that we had a lot of men to help. If it was like last year only me, Wendi, and probably Rand would have been doing it. However, Josh and Doug came up with us. YES! Some time with Josh that wasn't at home!
It also rained a lot. Well, it rained for about 2 hours on Friday afternoon. Let me rephrase that... it hailed Friday afternoon. This picture shows the hail falling off of the tarp. Doug said that it was the size of QT ice. Does that help paint a picture of the size? I hope so.
Because of the rain we all walked around in the wet dirt and grass. Dad actually walked in a deep puddle so that way he could get the generator dry. At night we told him to take off his shoes and socks and to let them dry by the fire. He had zombie feet.
I hate to say it but I'm already counting down until next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment