At the beginning of the school year I received some tickets for the zoo from the district. Why? I don't know, but I was excited because that meant a free trip to the zoo! I got three so we have one more (if we want to do again) although we have to pay for the other person. I'll admit I don't care. Anyway, we started out early leaving around 8:15 to eat some breakfast. We ate at Cracker Barrel because it is really good. (On a side note they has a really cute Christmas Penguin cookie jar. He was really cute and fat, but we don't need another cookie jar so we left without it.) Anyway, we finished around 9:00 and went to the zoo. Josh thought that it was weird to be there shortly after it opened but when we left he realized why we went when we did. There were no parking spaces! We spent about 2 hours at the zoo and pretty much walked around the whole thing. Pathetic and sad, I know. We did have a great time and what made it so great was that it was free! We also got some great pictures (not together) but we have some pictures of things that we are doing with us in them. Anyway, enjoy some of the awesome pictures we took!

The person that was pulling this wagon was really annoying us. They walked slow and took up the whole path (it was the children's path) so they really made me mad because we couldn't pass them!

I was really disappointed I couldn't get a picture with the giraffes. They were all at the new giraffe encounter and you can feed them and pet them. However, it costs money and we didn't want to pay any extra. So, I took a picture by a zoo lights giraffe.

This is me hugging Olloch from the book
Fablehaven. Josh thought that he was really cool.

Josh feeding Olloch. After you feed him he comes to life and tries to eat you. I'm a little worried about him being eaten now. Not only that but he "gave" him a really good cookie.

This is the wrong was too. Sorry. This is me trying to be a flamingo. I was wearing white and pink so I fit in really well.

Josh had to see the bug turtles so I thought that I would take a picture of him with them. They were far away from the fence so it is a little hard to find them in the picture.

This is a Galapagos Turtle eating his breakfast. I thought that he was pretty cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment