Friday, March 19, 2010

Disenyland!

Getting out and actually going on a vacation was great! It has been our first one.... EVER! Unless you count family trips vacation (which I don't) then it wouldn't be. This one didn't turn out too bad. Josh and I really enjoyed ourselves and Jack Jack enjoyed playing with other dogs. (Jack Jack stayed with Josh's mom.) The whole time we were at Disneyland we were talking about our trip in October. Yes, we are hopefully going again during October break. The only difference (and huge difference)is that my whole family is coming. There are 10 adults and 8 kids. That is a huge group. I'm sure the kids will have fun but I'm afraid they will complain a lot as well. Anyway, here is a brief synopsis of what we did each day with some pictures (if any) included.

Monday: On Monday we mostly traveled. We left around 8:00 AM and arrived around 2:30. On the way out we stopped at this really cool place with HUGE dinosaurs. You can actually walk into one of them and there is a gift shop inside. How cool is that??? I really enjoyed it and I think that is a place we will HAVE to stop in October. The kids will love it! When we arrived in Anaheim, we couldn't quite check into out hotel. We went and walked around Downtown Disney. It is just a bunch of shopping and restaurants. It's a nice, fast, and free thing to do. Once we finished that we just checked into the hotel and stayed there the rest of the night. We were tired!
At the dinosaur place that we stopped at that was awesome!

Shopping at Downtown Disney. I'm obsessed with fat stuffed animals so I had to get a picture with them. They are really cute... don't you think?

I think that these would work for the game Monster hands that Evan plays. They are from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Tuesday: Tuesday was mostly dedicated to Disneyland. We got onto pretty much every ride we wanted except Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. WE could have gone one more rides and stayed longer but by 3:30PM we were both really tired (and hot). We went back to the hotel to cool down and then went to visit Josh's uncle that lives about 20 minutes away. I've never met him so he thought that we should go since we were nearby. We didn't get back until 9:30 and just went to bed.

Me completely soaked after Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain. I was in the front for both of those rides. How did I manage to get so lucky? I don't know!

Josh with the Lochness Monster in the It's a Small World ride. You can kind of see the Lochness behind him.

Me playing the piano at Mickey's house in Toon Town.

Wednesday: Since we had park hopper passes we had to take advantage. Wednesday Morning we went over to Disneyland (it opens before California Adventure) and went on the Indiana Jones and Matterhorn. By that time California Adventure was opening up. We got some fast pass tickets for Soaring over California then went to the huge roller coaster. I really enjoyed it but Josh found out he can't do roller coasters anymore (which means in October we are probably going to stick with the little kids). We then walked around, went shopping, and then went to use our fast passes. If you ever go to California Adventure you have to go to Soaring over California because it is so cool! Then we went and saw Turtle Talk with Crush (Evan's best friend plays Crush so we had to go) and then the Muppets in 3D. Those were our favorite parts. Aroudn 12:30PM we went back to the hotel (we didn't do much in California Adventure) and rested. We went back to Disneyland for night life later. We were able to go on the Finding Nemo Submarine Adventure and then went to Pirates again. We wanted to go on all the Fantasyland rides but they shut down at 8:00. It sucked. We did still have fun though.

Me with the Caterpillar from A Bug's Life eating candy corn in a corn field.

The Castle at night. I haven't cleaned it up yet so it isn't the best picture.

Me next to the door to the hidden bar at Disneyland. I heard about it on the radio and I had to find them and get a picture. We went back a second time just for the picture (and the ride is cool too!

Thursday: We were going to use our Magic Morning passes on Thursday but we just wanted to get home. I missed my puppy. We packed up and left at 7:30. It was a boring day, except that we went car shopping when we got home and we think we found a new car for me. I'll keep you posted on that adventure!

We saw a lot of these on the drive. Maybe someone can explain to me... what is the point of a rest stop when it is closed?

A picture of my cute puppy... just for good measure.

2 comments:

Cara said...

How fun that you guys got out to Disneyland just the 2 of you, before you have kids and all. :) It sounds like you had lots of fun! And i am sure in October you will have just as much fun, it maybe crazy with the kiddos but fun too! :)

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at Disney Land! I totally know how you feel when you say you missed your dog while you were gone. Every time I leave Miley I complain to Danny about how much I miss her and he just laughs at me. He just doesn't understand :)