1.) We got our copy of Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison today. Josh just read the first chapter. I'm totally excited to revisit Fablehaven but I am also sad that it is the last book. I wonder how it ends.
2.) I've been worried over the past couple of weeks. Because of Arizona's budget crisis, schools have been needing to get rid of teachers. Last year my school was ok, but this year we didn't get away so well. So, right before Spring Break my principal mentioned that she had to cut 5 teachers. I was worried... everyone was worried because she wasn't going to cut only first year teachers. Anyway, I got the notice today that I STILL HAVE A JOB! I also found out that I am going to continue teaching 6th grade. YEA! My mentor and I are going to try to see if I can move in the room that (probably) opened up next to her. That way we can see each other more often and not have to walk across the whole school. I know, we are lazy. The worst part about the whole deal is that my classroom neighbor is getting cut. I really do love working with him and I will miss him greatly. However, I am excited to keep my job... at least for another year!
3 comments:
Wow what a relief to know you still have your job, its no fun looking for a new one. (I got to experience that several months ago, not fun!)
that is great news!
That is awesome news! I am glad you will be able to keep teaching a grade you enjoy. We really need to get together.
Post a Comment