Thursday, May 20, 2010

Considered Lucky

Okay, so I guess car accidents are not really lucky but I like to think that today, it was lucky. Josh was on shuttle at work and he was in an accident. When I first got the word I was a (more) than a little worried. I was in meetings all afternoon and I had an "unknown" call on my cell phone. I ignored it because I didn't know who it was. After my meeting I listened to my voice messages and it was a police officer in Mesa. Josh had been in an accident. I called back and he told me where Josh was headed. He was in an ambulance and on his way to Scottsdale. He had major head trauma (which I assumed was bad) and was really worried. I didn't want to comprehend what was happening. I threw everything down on my desk and left. I called my dad crying and went to his work (because its close) and he drove me to the hospital. It was the longest and scariest drive EVER! The cat scan results were okay. He does have a fractured clavicle so he cannot drive, but that is okay. He is doing a lot better and is now home (thank heaven) and I do consider ourselves lucky for a few reasons.

1. Since he was at work, workers comp. should cover everything. That is awesome since he has no insurance... although he should because he passed his probation period at work.

2. A school bus hit him. There was no children on the bus... which is good.

3. Josh was not at fault.. the bus was.

4. This is my largest reason: If the bus would have hit any closer I would no longer have my best friend with me.

After all that has happened I cannot help but be thankful for the Lord's hand in everything that has happened. I know it stinks but he knew that I couldn't imagine my life without my dear sweet husband. He really is amazing.

3 comments:

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

Oh my goodness how horrifying! I have often wondered what I would ever do if something happened to Danny, I just simply can't imagine life without him! I am so glad Josh is okay and that everything will be covered by workers comp. If you guys need anything just let us know!

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

Wow! I'm so glad that he's ok! I worry about Jacob getting in a car accident all the time. I still request that he send me a text/call me when I'm at home and he goes to work just so I know he got there ok. I'm so glad that everything's fine!

The Bozemans said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary! We are SO glad he's okay!