Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thoughts

To be 100% honest, I don't even know how I want to start this post. I don't want to sound completely pathetic, but I've been thinking a lot lately. Well, I've been thinking a lot today as I try to do some stuff for school and trying to go grocery shopping and try to get things organized around the house. Let's be honest. I love the weekends because I get to sleep in (at least until 7:30 AM) and work around the house. I love it! Although it will be an adjustment when I stay home with the kids, I know that it is the place for me so I don't mind. However, I don't like the weekends because Josh and I don't have much to do. We would hang out with friends but honestly we don't really have any. We still talk to a couple of friends from high school but we don't have much in common. It sucks. I try talking to them and I ask about their lives but it doesn't go much farther. Yes, I guess that counts us as losers. Those that I work with are really cool and I'm friends with them, but they are at least 10 years older than me and Josh so doing something with them is almost out of the question.
I guess it doesn't help much that everyone that I possibly encounter at some point in time it at a completely different stage in life than me and Josh. Does that make sense? I KNOW THAT SOMETHING LIKE THAT SHOULDN'T MATTER. To be honest, it kind of does. Those that have kids, all they talk about is their kids. Sometimes it makes me annoyed because sometimes I want to talk about something else. Those that don't have kids are college students. Is that a problem? No, except that most of the time they don't know what it is like to work full time and not go to school. Grrr.... finding good friends can be annoying! It's too complicated. I've been wanting to do a murder mystery dinner but I'd have to find other couples. How can I find couples when I don't have friends? I guess for now I'll be staying at home with Josh watching Greek on the weekends. I'm okay with it, but a change in pace would be nice sometimes.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Lance and I will come to your murder mystery dinner!

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

In just a couple of weeks I'l be done with school and working full time too! Oh and Danny and I will totally come to your murder mystery dinner!

Kaitie and Blaine said...

I totally know how you feel, however we're the college students with no life and no friends. Hang in there! We'll come to the murder mystery dinner too!