Friday, November 4, 2011

San Diego- Part 2

I figure that since I really don't have much to do at the moment and since it is hard to move I should probably finish blogging about our San Diego trip. Then I can move on to Halloween and try to keep caught up for when Tori joins our family.
The third day of our trip consisted of more walking. I'm glad that we went when we did because I don't think I could keep up almost a month later. I was really impressed at how amazing Josh was. He was always really patient with my slow movements. That is probably what makes him so awesome. He stopped to let me rest a lot as well. Our first stop that morning was Point Loma Lighthouse. When we were driving there we thought that we were going the wrong direction (or at least I did) because the location is a little weird. I will admit that I'm sure the view of the ocean is beautiful. However, the fog came in again that morning and we couldn't see much. We could hear the ocean waves come in, does that count? We would have gone to the tide pools but it consisted of more walking and I didn't want to wait all my energy on the first stop. We spent about an hour there exploring and going to the visitor center.
Cabrillo National Monument
Me with all the fog. It was so weird to have so much of it! It made it really hard to breathe!

Pointe Loma Lighthouse from the monument.

Break time on the walk up to the lighthouse.

Josh with what I think is a toilet. I thought it was cool.
After that we drove over to the Mormon Battalion Museum. That was so cool! I didn't know that they had re-done the place but it was pretty awesome. if you are in San Diego, you have to stop. They have an amazing presentation and then at the end fun activities that kids would love. Yep, Josh and I are kids at heart because we love them too!
Panning for gold! We even have a couple of pieces.
Me in a covered wagon outside the museum.
My cute soldier. Can I just say that musket is HEAVY! I don't know how they carried them all those miles!
Photo opportunity. They have a little photo booth and you can email it to yourself.
Since Old Town was so close we went over there next. We didn't do much there but we did some shopping, had some lunch, and looked around the different museums. It was pretty cool. I had just been there but a lot of the museums were closed because it was night. It is totally different during the day. It was a lot of fun looking around all the shops. We did buy a few things while we were there but not too much because it was a little expensive (and yes I felt guilty spending money).
Me trying to conquer my fear of skeletons by making friends with them. (Yep, I used to have nightmares about them.)
Josh playing dead in a casket.
Horse at the barn in Old Town. The guy there was so nice to take our picture.

I had to get a picture of these... they are HUGE brands. I thought of my dad.
Cute Wells Fargo stuffed horse.
Wells Fargo stage coach.
After all that we were not done! We went over to Balboa Park. Wow! That place is HUGE and busy! It was so cool. I totally want to go back when I feel like walking around more. There is so much to do there! That  is where the zoo is located and a TON of museums. There is a lot of park area too (that is free). We ended up walking over to the museum of man because I had a coupon and I thought that it would be cool. It really was! They had so much to learn. We learned about the Myans, Egyptians, homo-sapiens (which reminded me of Ross from the show Friends), genes, and we even got to dig for some fossils!
Digging for fossils.
Josh with C-3PO. It was kind of weird having him there but we had to get a picture anyway.
That would be a baby going through the birth canal. Yep, it scared me just a little. We learned all about the birth process. It is so cool! They even had a replica of a baby at certain weeks. Wow! They are really small, even at 18 weeks!
Josh loved this tree. It is pretty cool.
This dragon was cool. I had to sit side-saddle because my leg wouldn't go that high. He was one HOT dragon though.
Museum of Man. Is the architecture amazing?
This is a replica of the largest ape in the world. Yep, he is now extinct and has been for years.
Egyptian princess throne.
We can build pyramids too!
We would have done more at Balboa Park but I was getting too tired. We went back to the hotel to relax for an hour or two and then went to dinner. Actually, we went to the 99 cent store we found a got a few things. After that we went to Chili's, had dessert and then went shopping at Burlington Coat Factory. We found some cute maternity things for me as well as a cute dress for Tori. Then we went back to the hotel and ate our leftover Olive Garden from the night before. It was a good day!

Not much happened on day 4. We drove home. Yep, I know that driving is just so exciting. On the way home we picked up our little Jack Jack from Wendi's and I was excited to see him again. I missed my little puppy. I had a lot of fun on my last trip with just Josh. Now it is on to our next stage... starting our family!

1 comment:

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

This day sounds like Danny's and my last trip to San Diego, we did a lot of the same stuff! I'm kinda sad it was foggy at Point Loma for you guys because the view of the ocean is amazing! I'm so glad you were able to go and have some fun before baby Victoria comes!