I feel as though I'm getting behind and that there is too much to blog about. I guess that is what happens when you have kids. I know that I still haven't posted about Tori's first swimming experience, but I am hoping to get that done soon, along with a few other posts. Here is some 6 month information for you though.
I cannot believe that my little girl is already 6 months old! She is growing way too fast and I don't think I like it too much. Although I love her playful stage, I miss her snuggle and sleep all the time stage as well. When we went to the doctor on Tuesday for her 6-month checkup (which is when she turned 6 months) her ears were still not cleared up. That was after having 10 days of Omnisef (not sure on the spelling) and another 10 days of Augmenton (once again, sorry about the spelling). The doctor didn't prescribe anything because she had already been on medication for 20 days! She was glad to hear that she had an ENT appointment the next day. My little Tori is growing like a weed! She is now 16 pounds and 12 ounces and is 27 3/4 inches tall. She loves to play and watch Jack Jack play. She hasn't slept through the night for a few weeks now but I'm hoping that will change tomorrow. Considering the fact that she is sick all the time she is a very happy baby. She still loves to laugh and she really likes to see her friend Radley (I guess he likes to see her too). I should also mention that she likes to play naked baby, which consists of her being in her diaper and playing. We have tried solid foods but she is just not interested in them. We are constantly trying, but I don't think she will eat them until her ears are better. I don't blame her with all the heat! Here are some pictures!
 |
| The only way she will sleep. In her boppie. I'm thankful for it, even though I'm not nursing. |
 |
| Bath time! |
 |
| Tori loves taking a bath and playing with her temperature duck! |
 |
| Yeah 6 months! I don't put a bow on the headband much anymore because she plays with it and eats it. |
 |
| Trying to eat daddy's hamburger! |
I guess I forgot to mention that we went to the ENT yesterday. When I left I wanted to cry. Because of all the buildup in her ears Dr. Mancuso is going to put in ear tubes. What is the best part? She gets them on Friday (yep, that is tomorrow). Normally it wouldn't be for another week or so but I told him my insurance was changing and he doesn't take them so I wanted to get it done before the end of June. He went to talk to the person that schedules the surgery right away and she said Friday is open. We go in at 6 in the morning and her surgery is at 7. She cannot eat for 6 hours before (which is going to be interesting) and I can't wait. Josh and my dad gave her a blessing this morning. The doctor said it will make her a happier baby. I hope so, even though I can't complain too much right now. Our insurance won't cover a lot so I have no idea where we are going to get the money to pay for the surgery but if it makes my baby happier then it will be well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment