Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Am I Dreaming???

I feel like I am dreaming at the moment. Everything is happening so fast I cannot believe it. I'm so thankful for everything that has happened within the last thirty minutes or so. I really must be dreaming.
For those of you that have already guessed what I might be talking about I have to say good job. I am going to be a teacher. My dreams have come true. I got a call about 30 minutes ago from Tempe Elementary School District offering me a job at Connolly Middle School. I'm going to be teaching sixth grade mathematics... my dream job. I didn't mention the interview to anyone except Josh (duh) so that way I didn't have to let anyone down if I didn't get the job. As I sat in the interview I had a lot of fun. I thought that I did well. I was told a lot of information about the school and as they described it, I knew that it was my perfect place. It sounded as though they were describing me.
The ironic part was that earlier this morning I had an interview set up with Highland Junior High for a math teaching position. I called to cancel the interview since I am going to teach at my dream school. I sign my contract tomorrow and then start training on Thursday. Wow! That sounds really crazy!
I don't think that I can describe how amazed and how happy and thankful I am at the moment for being able to get a job. The past few months have been really difficult for me as I saw my cousin get a job offer at the beginning of the summer. I will admit that I was jealous. I will also admit that I did see it as a trial and I knew that I would be able to handle what I was facing, it was really hard though. I do think that it has made me stronger and I do think that Heavenly Father knew where I needed to be.
CONNOLLY MIDDLE SCHOOL HERE I COME!
I guess that I should also say "Hello" to Disneyland. Josh said that he would take me during my October break if I got a teaching job. YES! A real vacation!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! That is so awesome! Congrats!!!!

The Taylor's said...

Congrats! I'm happy for you!!!

Alicia Baker said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

Emily P. said...

Congratulations. Sad thing is, someone form the tempe district called me (after i had just accepted the job in phoenix) if i would interview at connolly. Who knows if i would have gotten it, but we might have been teaching at the same school. I knew you would get a job, good luck with everything, don't stress!