Friday, July 2, 2010

What I've been up to...

I know Karen has been really excited to see this post. This summer has already felt as though it has lasted a very long time. It has in a way... but now I am not looking forward to the next school year. (I'm just hoping that this year's students are a little bit better behaved.) Anyway, to keep myself busy I've been swimming with Wendi and her kids, gone to Prescott for a three-day weekend with Josh, sleeping (a lot), working on my cross stich, watching a lot of t.v. and doing a lot of crafts. I still have more to do, but here are pictures of some of the things I have finished.

A dry erase calendar. I was hoping to be able to use dry erase markers but they don't work well on glass. I have to use Sharpie markers (a baby wipe cleans it off... thank heaven).

I typed up all my main recipes, backed them on cardstock that matches my kitchen, and then put them in a new box. Oh! I even laminated them because I can be a messy cook!

I found a little thing to put by the freezer in our kitchen. It is actually our old DVD shelf and it looks really good where I put it. It was cheap since we already had it and were not using it!

I also made these cute boxes (from cardboard boxes) to fit in the shelf by the freezer. I covered them with fabric to go with the kitchen colors (matches the calendar). I plan on making more for the family room but I haven't decided what fabric to put on them. I also need more boxes.

I made these cute balls from hemp, Styrofoam, and a lot of hot glue. I painted them black and white to match in the family room or kitchen. Right now they are in the kitchen on top of the shelf with the boxes. (You know, the old DVD shelf I put by the freezer.) I might change that and bring them in the family room. I CAN'T DECIDE!

I bought this shelf a long time ago at Goodwill. I painted it black and hung it in the living room. I HUNG IT ALL BY MYSELF!!! You should be proud... I am!

I bought these stars for 50 cents at Hobby Lobby. They are just like cardboard and I covered them with the same fabrics from the calendar and boxes. I'm going to hang them up in my kitchen.. whenever it gets painted.

I started this skirt before I got married ( which was two and a half years ago) and I finally finished it. I stopped at the zipper part so I was scared to move on and it is a little hard to sew when you don't have a sewing machine. Mom let me use hers and helped me complete it. I have more sewing projects... I just haven't started them yet. I know, I can be lazy!

I think these are some of my favorites. They are mummy decorations for Halloween! I cannot wait to use them. I already know where I am going to put them for Halloween. You can put candy in their head if you want. I actually just finished these today!

I will admit that I have been having fun doing things I normally don't feel like doing during the school year. I wanted to start making Christmas presents but I have to go get wood and then have my dad cut it before I do that. Josh needs to help me with the wood... which he doesn't have much time to do that. Hopefully soon! I do have another project completed but it is a present for my mom. I'll post it AFTER I give it to her! I cannot wait!
***I should inform you that most of the ideas came from craft blogs. They were not my idea but the awesome idea of other people!***

1 comment:

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

Oh my goodness those are all so cute! I can't believe all the crafts you have gotten done! Jealous!