Thursday, October 25, 2012

McCormick Train Park

A couple of weeks ago Tori and I spent the day at McCormik Train Park in Scottsdale. My sister Wendi invited us to come along and it was so much fun. The weather was absolutely perfect! We spent about 5 hours there. Josh can't figure out how, but it was so easy to. Most of the time the kids just played, but they also have a carousel and a train ride. They also have a model train museum, which is pretty cool! When we first arrived we bought tickets for the train and carousel. We then waited for the carousel to open (it seemed like forever!). Tori was a little unsure about the ride, I actually think she was afraid of it although I was sitting with her. (Sorry, my sister Wendi has the picture of us on the carousel. I still need to get it from her.)
After the carousel ride we went on the train ride. I think Tori enjoyed this a lot more because you didn't go up and down. It was a really cool train ride, kids can sit in the cattle car if they want and they get shut in, just like cows! There is also a tunnel that you go through and despite the fact that it is light outside, it gets really dark in the tunnel.
Getting ready for the train ride. The rest of Wendi's kids are in the cattle car.
Emma and Tori ready for the train to get going!
After the train we went to the old western playground. The kids had so much fun play while Tori and I played on a blanket and ate a snack. We also had to take come pictures. Emma was an awesome cousin and took Tori on her first ride down the slide. notice the picture, I think she was a little scared there too.
Eating some snacks!
I love the way Kaelyn is wearing her headband, and her shorts are on backwards.
Deciding if she wants milk or not.
In jail.
Ready for her first time down the slide.
Awesome face while going down the slide.
Playing in the carriage. She wouldn't look at me because the sand was too fascinating.
Up close.
We then walked over to the model train museum and looked at all the trians. Holy cow there were a lot of trains going around different tracks. It is very interactive, where if you push a button different things will happen. They are actually working on parts to recreate different areas of Arizona. I can't wait to see that when it is complete! After the model train museum we went and had lunch. I was starving! Tori had fun eating on the ground in the grass and had her first peanut butter sandwich. She loves them and has them at least once a week now. (It's an easy lunch for her.)
At the model train museum. A train for picture taking!
Playing with Ben while waiting for lunch.
Eating and moving is the only way to go!
Mmmm.... peanut butter sandwich!
After lunch we rode the train again and then went to the big playground. They had swings for babies there so Tori and Ben were able to swing together. She had a HUGE grin on her face, she loves swinging! We also played on the ground some more and Tori worked on the crawling skills.




She loves my water bottle.
We both had so much fun that Tori fell asleep on the way home. We hope to be able to take daddy to Freestone Park soon since they have a lot of little ride Tori would enjoy and have a picnic with him. Tori also wants to see some real-life ducks, which would give her a great opportunity to see them!

No comments: