Here is all the information for the Scrapbook Olympics that my sister Wendi and I came up with. It starts on June fourth and will run until the end of July. The goal is to do one page a week that involves each topic or item. It's not a competition (who would judge) it is just for fun. I'm so excited for it and cannot wait to get started. You don't have to do a page every week (I know, people are busy) but try to participate as much as possible. On July 28th we are thinking about having a crop to show off our pages and have some fun together. There will be more information on that when it gets closer. If you want to participate then just do it, you don't even have to tell us that you are joining the fun and challenge.
June 4th: Use a rub on and 1 stripe piece of paper
June 11th: Use animal paper and chipboard
June 18th: Use a polka dot paper and brads
June 25th: Use one item or tool you have never used before
July 2nd: create a holiday (any holiday) themed page and use ribbon
July 9th: Use flower paper and buttons
July 16th: Use a layout found in a magazine or online
July 23rd: Use plaid paper and any flower, eyelet (or quicklet)
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I can't quite figure out why I am so excited about this, probably because it will get me to scrapbook more often. Remember, the goal is to use what you have, but if you have to buy something then it will be well worth it! Post questions in the comment area and I will answer there as well!

4 comments:
How fun! Did you come up with all the ideas yourself?
Alyssa, my sister and I came up with the ideas. Four years ago my sister and I participated at a scrapbook Olympics at the scrapbook store we go to. We figured that if they did it again we really couldn't afford buying new stuff. So, we decided to find a way to use the stuff we already had and this was it!
I'm totally in :) It'll get me moving on using my piles of stuff! :)
Whitney, that is the whole point... and not spending a lot of money.
Post a Comment